Sunday, September 13, 2009

Top 20 Songs About Friendship

This is one of the broadest categories in Pop/Rock music. There are so many good songs about friendship that were left out... but hey I only have room for the Top 20... so here they are... My top 20 songs that celebrate friendship.

  1. Ben E King - Stand by Me

If the sky that we look upon / Should tumble and fall / And the mountain should crumble to the sea / I won't cry, I won't cry / No I won't shed a tear / Just as long as you stand, stand by me


  1. Carole King - You’ve Got a Friend

You just call out my name / And you know where ever I am / I’ll come running, oh yeah baby / To see you again / Winter, spring, summer, or fall / All you have to do is call / And Ill be there, yeah, yeah, yeah / You’ve got a friend.

  1. Dionne Warwick - That’s What Friends are For

Keep smiling / keep shining / knowing you can always count on me for sure / That's what friends are for / For good times and bad times / I'll be on your side forever more - That's what friends are for.

  1. The Beatles - With a Little Help from my Friends

I get by with a little help from my friends / I get high with a little help from my friends / Going to try with a little help from my friends.

  1. Bette Middler - The Wind Beneath My Wings

It might have appeared to go unnoticed / but I've got it all here in my heart / I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it / I would be nothing without you / Did you ever know that you're my hero? / You're everything I wish I could be / I could fly higher than an eagle / for you are the wind beneath my wings.

  1. Christina Aguilera - I Turn to You

For a shield from the storm / For a friend / for a love / To keep me safe and warm / I turn to you.
For the strength to be strong / For the will to carry on / For everything you do / For everything that’s true / I turn to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBLGTBmTJg

  1. Bill Withers - Lean on Me

Lean on me, when you're not strong / And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on / For, it won't be long / Til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on / Please swallow your pride / If I have things you need to borrow / For no one can fill / Those of your needs that you won't let show

  1. Randy Newman - You’ve Got a Friend in Me

You've got your troubles, I got 'em too / There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you / We stick together we can see it through / Cause you got a friend in me.

  1. Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me

For all those times you stood by me / For all the truth that you made me see / For all the joy you brought to my life / For all the wrong that you made right / For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you / Ill be forever thankful baby


  1. Queen - You’re My Best Friend

You're the first one / When things turn out bad / You know I'll never be lonely / You're my only one
And I love the things / I really love the things that you do / You're my best friend

  1. The Rembrandts - I’ll Be There For You

I'll be there for you / When the rain starts to pour / I'll be there for you / Like I've been there before / I'll be there for you / 'Cause you're there for me too

  1. Elton John - Friends Never Say Goodbye

What is done has been done for the best / Though the mist in my eyes might suggest / Just a little confusion about what Ill lose / But if I started over I know I would choose / The same joy the same sadness each step of the way / That fought me and taught me that friends never say / Never say goodbye

  1. The Pretenders - I’ll Stand By You

So if you’re mad, get mad / Don’t’ hold it all inside / Come on and talk to me now /
Hey, what you got to hide? / I get angry too / Well I’m a lot like you / When you’re standing at the crossroads / And don’t know which path to choose / Let me come along / cause even if you’re wrong / I’ll stand by you

  1. The Jackson 5 - I’ll Be There

I’ll reach out my hand to you, I’ll have faith in all you do / Just call my name and I’ll be there / I’ll be there to comfort you / Build my world of dreams around you / I’m so glad that I found you / I’ll be there with a love that’s strong / I’ll be your strength, I’ll keep holding on

  1. Amy Grant - I Will be Your Friend

Cause I’m never gonna walk away / If the wall comes down someday / All alone and you feel afraid / Be there when you call my name / You can always depend on me / I believe until forever ends / I will be your friend

  1. Simon & Garfunkel - Old Friends

Old friends / Old friends / Sat on their park bench / Like bookends / A newspaper blown through the grass / Falls on the round toes / Of the high shoes / Of the old friends

  1. Mariah Carey - Anytime you Need a Friend

Anytime you need a friend / I will be here / You’ll never be alone again / So don’t you fear /
Even if you’re miles away / I’m by your side / So don’t you ever be lonely / Love will make it alright

  1. Michael Jackson - Ben

Ben, the two of us need look no more / We both found what we were looking for / With a friend to call my own / I'll never be alone / And you my friend will see / You've got a friend in me

  1. Andrew Gold - Thank You For Being a Friend

Thank you for being a friend / Traveled down the road and back again / Your heart is true you're a pal and a confidant / I'm not ashamed to say / I hope it always will stay this way / My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow / And if you threw a party / Invited everyone you knew / You would see, the biggest gift would be from me / and the card attached would say / Thank you for being a friend

  1. Rhianna - Umbrella

When there’s sunshine, we’ll shine together / told you I'll be here forever / said I'll always be a friend / Took an oath I'm-a stick it out till the end / Now that it's raining more than ever / Know that we'll still have each other / You can stand under my umbrella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5jdA9Tdg-k

No comments:

Post a Comment