Monday, February 15, 2010

Top 20 Unconventional Songs About Love

Love may come in many shapes and sizes and as unexpectedly as a blunt force trauma to the head. Therefore, songs about love may be as unconventional as love itself. Here you will find songs about many types and aspects of love... here are my top 20 unconventional songs about love.


01. Bryan Adams – Have you Ever Really Loved a Woman?

To really love a woman / Let her hold you / Do you know how she needs to be touched? / You gotta breathe her / really taste her / Til you can feel her in your blood / Then when you can see your unborn children in her eyes / You know you really love a woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2KgzKETBw

02. Whitney Houston – The Greatest Love of All

Because the greatest love of all is happening to me / I've found the greatest love of all inside of me / The greatest love of all is easy to achieve / Learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all.


03. Rufus Wainwright – Hallelujah

Maybe there’s a God above / And all I ever learned from love was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you / Love is not a cry you can hear at night / It’s not somebody who´s seen the light / It’s a cold and it’s a broken hallelujah


04. Nick Cave – I’ll Love You Till the End of the World

And with the horses prancin' through the fields / With my knife in my jeans and the rain on the shield / I sang a song for the glory of the beauty of you / Waiting for me in your dress of blue / Thank you girl, thank you girl / I'll love you till the end of the world / With your eyes black as coal and your long dark curls

http://www.last.fm/music/Nick+Cave+and+the+Bad+Seeds/_/%28I%27ll+Love+You%29+Till+the+End+of+the+World


05. Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman – Elephant Love Medley

You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs / I look around me and I see it isn't so, oh no / Some people wanna fill the world with silly love songs / Well, what's wrong with that? / I'd like to know ‘cause, here I go again! / Love lift us up where we belong / Where eagles fly on a mountain high / Love makes us act like we are fools / Throw our lives away / For one happy day



06. Michael Crawford – Total Eclipse

I’ve been waiting for you / Since you’ve been born / I'd watch you secretly but not for long / And since I know all your dreams I understand what you need / And when I call you, you must go where I lead / Your dreams are so hungry, it’s time now to feed.



07. Rent – Seasons of Love

525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee. In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life? How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love.



08. A Chorus Line – What I Did For Love

Love is never gone / as we travel on / Love's what we'll remember / Kiss today goodbye / And point me toward tomorrow / Point me toward tomorrow / We did what we had to do / but I won't forget / I can't regret / What I did for love / What I did for love.



09. Charlene – Never Been to Me

Hey, you know what paradise is? / It's a lie, a fantasy we create about people and places as we'd like them to be / But you know what truth is? / It's that little baby you're holding / it's that man you fought with this morning / The same one you're going to make love with tonight / That's truth, that's love



10. Paul Young – Love of the Common People

She's living in the love of the common people / smiles from the heart of a family man / Daddy's gonna buy you a dream to cling to / Mama's gonna love you just as much as she can / and she can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDbWSnz5D9U



11. Michael Ball – Love Changes Everything

Love, love changes everything: Hands and faces, earth and sky / Love, Love changes everything: How you live and how you die



12. Fiddler on the Roof – Do you Love Me?

Do I love him? For twenty-five years I've lived with him, fought him, starved with him, Twenty-five years my bed is his / if that's not love, what is? / Then you love me? / I suppose I do / and I suppose I love you too




13. Tina Turner – What’s Love Got to Do with It?
Oh what’s love got to do, got to do with it? What's love, but a second hand emotion / What's love got to do, got to do with it? / Who needs a heart, when a heart can be broken?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaQkaY5-OVk



14. Meat Loaf – I’m Gonna Love Her for Both of Us
But if you give me your girl and then you give me your trust / and if you give me till the end of the night - I'm gonna love her for both of us / I'm gonna give her everything you always wanted to give / I'm gonna love her for both of us



15. Yvonne Elliman – I Don’t Know How to Love Him

I don't know how to love him / What to do, how to move him / I've been changed, yes really changed / In these past few days, when I've seen myself, I seem like someone else / I don't know how to take this / I don't see why he moves me / He's a man. He's just a man / And I've had so many men before, in very many ways, he's just one more.



16. Bette Middler – The Rose

Some say love is a river that drowns the tender reed / Some say love it is a razor that leads your soul to bleed / Some say love it is a hunger / an endless aching need / I say love it is a flower and you it's only seed



17. Avenue Q – The More You Ruv Someone

The more you love someone, the more he make you crazy. The more you love someone, the more you wishing him dead!


18. Dean Martin – That’s Amore

When the moon hits your eye / Like a big-a pizza pie / That's amore / When the world seems to shine / Like you've had too much wine / That's amore


19. 10cc – I’m not in Love

I'm not in love, so don't forget it / It's just a silly phase I'm going through / And just because I call you up / Don't get me wrong / don't think you've got it made



20. The Moldy Peaches – Anyone Else But You


Here is the church and here is the steeple / we sure are cute for two ugly people / I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else but you

No comments:

Post a Comment