Saturday, April 11, 2009

Top 20 Songs in the Soundtrack of my Life

This is probably the most personal list I can ever come up with. All the songs in this list remind me of people, places and events in my life. Some happy, some sad. Some of these songs are very painful to me, and, depending on the day, I might choose to change the radio station if one of them should come on. Whatever the case, all of these songs are linked to powerful memories of happy times and people who might not be in my life anymore and I miss tremendously. I know some of you might recognize yourselves in one of these songs. If so, you'll understand why it is on the list. This is basically the soundtrack of my life...

  1. Icehouse – Crazy

Well, you've gotta be crazy, baby to want a guy like me.
Yeah, you've gotta be out of your mind - crazy.

  1. Miguel Bose – Amiga

El tiempo no fue tiempo entre nosotros,
Estando juntos nos sentimos infinitos
Y el universo era pequeño comparado con lo que éramos tú y yo

  1. Survivor – The Search is Over

Now I look into your eyes,
I can see forever
The search is over,
You were with me all the while

  1. Fire Inc. – Nowhere Fast

And I don't know where I ever got the bright idea that I was cool
So alone and independent but I'm depending on you now
And you'll always be the only thing that I just can't be without
And I'm out for you tonight, I'm comin' out for you tonight

  1. Journey – Send Her my Love

It’s been so long since I’ve seen her face
You say she’s doin’ fine…
I still recall, a sad café
How it hurt so bad to see her cry
I didn’t want to say good-bye

  1. Sui Generis – Confesiones de Invierno

Dios es empleado en un mostrador,
da para recibir.
¿Quién me dará un crédito, mi Señor?
Sólo sé sonreír..

  1. Lucio Dalla – L’Ultima Luna

L'ultima luna la vide solo un bimbo appena nato
Aveva occhi tondi e neri e fondi e non piangeva
Con grandi mani prese la luna tra le mani e volo' via
E volo' via e volo' via, era l'uomo di domani

  1. Cirque Du Soleil – Alegria

Beautiful roaring scream
Of joy and sorrow, so extreme
There is a love in me raging
Alegria, a joyous, magical feeling

  1. Olivia Newton-John – Twist of Fate

Don't understand what's going on
Woke up this morning, all the hurt was gone
This is a new beginning
I'm back in the land of the living

  1. Scorpions – Blackout

I realize I missed a day
But I’m too wrecked to care anyway

  1. Cats – Memory

Daylight, I must wait for the sunrise
I must think of a new life and I musn't give in
When the dawn comes
Tonight will be a memory too
And a new day will begin

  1. Pink Floyd – Brain Damage / Eclipse

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you’re in starts playing different tunes
I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon

  1. Moving Pictures – What About Me?

What about me?, it isn't fair
I've had enough now I want my share
Can't you see I wanna live?
But you just take more than you give

  1. Meat Loaf – Read’em and Weep

Oh, it's there in my eyes and coming straight from my heart,
It's running silent and angry and deep!
Oh, it's there in my eyes and it's all I can say,
Come on and look at me and read 'em and weep!

  1. Blues Traveler – Runaround

But you
Why you wanna give me a run-around
Is it a sure-fire way to speed things up
When all it does is slow me down

  1. Rod Stewart – Forever Young

And when you finally fly away
I’ll be hoping that I served you well

But whatever road you choose
I’m right behind you, win or lose

  1. Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl

Do you remember when we used to sing,
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da

  1. Ana Belen – Derroche

Y a la noche se le fue la mano...


  1. Joaquin Sabina – Eclipse de Mar


Que ha caído la bolsa en el cielo,
que siguen las putas en huelga de celo en Moscú.
Que subió la marea,
que fusilan mañana a Jesús de Judea,
que creció el agujero de ozono,
que el hombre de hoy es el padre del mono del año 2000.

  1. Metallica – Turn the Page

Here I am - on the road again
There I am - up on the stage
Here I go - playing star again
There I go - turn the page

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say... I love the way U´re.. Thanks a lot for being in my life these years...

    Your Angel...

    ReplyDelete