Saturday, April 18, 2009

Top 20 Songs of the Year

For 6 years now, I have been compiling the Top 20 Songs of the year on April 16. These are the best songs I have heard, on terms of quality and lyrics, from 4/16/08 to 4/16/09. These are my special songs for this year:

1. Coldplay - Viva la Vida

One minute, I held the key
Next, the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of sand, pillars of sand

But that was when I ruled the world...




2. The Killers - Human

And so long to devotion
You taught me everything I know
Wave goodbye, wish me well
You've gotta let me go
Are we human or are we dancer?




3. The Rasmus - Living in a World Without You

Suddenly someone was there in the window
Looking outside at the sky that had never been blue
Ah, there's a world without you
I see the light
Living in a world without you
Ah, there is hope to guide me
I will survive
Living in a world without you




4. Flobots - Handlebars

I can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handlebars, no handlebars



5. Bruce Springsteen - The Wrestler

Have you ever seen a one-legged man trying to dance his way free?
If you've ever seen a one-legged man then you've seen me





6. Fabulosos Cadillacs - Padre Nuestro

Quiero ver amanecer,
Pero del otro lado, ver amanecer
Pero que alguien se quede aqui
Para saber si yo sigo vivo




7. Pink - Sober

No pain inside,
But how do I feel this good sober?




8. Sarah Bareilles - Love Song

I'mma need a better reason to write you a love song today


9. Axel - Celebra La Vida

No se si dormía, no se si soñaba
pero la voz de un angel me dijo que te diga
Celebra la vida





10. Metallica - The Day that Never Comes

Love is a four letter word,
And never spoken here





11. Brad Pasley - Letter to Me



12. Jack Johnson - If I Had Eyes




13. Staind - Believe



14. AR Rahman - Jai Ho



15. Apocalyptica & Adam Gontier - I Don't Care




16. Shinedown - Second Chance



17. Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You



18. George Strait - I Saw God Today




19. The Airbone Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight



20. Peter Gabriel - Down to Earth




Just for fun, here are the top songs of years past:



2008:
Scorpions - Humanity, Tarja Turunen - I Walk Alone, Carrie Underwood - Jesus Take the Wheel
2007:
Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah, Robbie Williams - Advertising Space, Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
2006: Robbie Williams - Angels, Green Day - Wake Me When September Ends, Nightwish - Sleeping Sun
2005: Dragon Force - Starfire, Evanescense - Bring Me to Life, Simple Plan - Welcome to my Life
2004: Diego Torres - Color Esperanza, System of a Down - Toxicity, Counting Crows - A Long December


No comments:

Post a Comment