Saturday, October 31, 2009

Top 20 Halloween Songs


Ah, All Hallows’ Eve is again upon us and I’ve got witches, ghosts, zombies, ghouls, monsters, werewolves, things that go bump in the night, and a couple of really scary tunes to celebrate… These are my top 20 songs for Halloween

  1. Marilyn Manson - This is Halloween

This is Halloween, this is Halloween / Pumpkins scream in the dead of night / This is Halloween, everybody make a scene / Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright / It's our town, everybody scream / In this town of Halloween

  1. Michael Jackson – Thriller

Darkness falls across the land / The midnight hour is close at hand / Creatures crawl in search of blood / To terrorize yawls neighborhood / And whosoever shall be found / Without the soul for getting down / Must stand and face the hounds of hell / And rot inside a corpses shell / The foulest stench is in the air / The funk of forty thousand years / And grizzy ghouls from every tomb / Are closing in to seal your doom / And though you fight to stay alive / Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist / The evil of the thriller

  1. Boris Pickett - The Monster Mash

Out from his coffin, Drac's voice did ring / Seems he was troubled by just one thing / He opened the lid and shook his fist / And said, "Whatever happened to my Transylvania twist?" / It's now the mash / It's now the monster mash / The monster mash / And it's a graveyard smash

  1. Misfits – Halloween

Bonfires burning bright pumpkin faces in the night / I remember Halloween / dead cats hanging from poles / little dead are out in droves / I remember Halloween / Brown leaved vertigo where skeletal life is known / I remember Halloween / this day anything goes / burning bodies hanging from poles / I remember / Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween / Candy apples and razor blades / little dead are soon in graves / I remember Halloween

  1. Fairport Convention – Tam Lin

And at the end of seven years she pays a tithe to hell / I so fair and full of flesh and feared it be myself / But tonight is Hallowe'en and the faery folk ride / Those that would their true love win at Miles Cross they must buy

  1. Carl Off – O Fortuna

  1. Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells (Theme from “The Exorcist”)

  1. Ozzy Osbourne – Bark at the Moon

Howling in shadows / Living in a lunar spell / He finds his heaven / Spewing from the mouth of hell / And when he finds who he’s looking for / Listen in awe and you’ll hear him / Bark at the moon.

  1. Charlie Daniels Band – The Legend of Wooley Swamp

And that's been fifty years ago / And you can go by there yet. / There's a spot in the yard / In the back of that shack / Where the ground is always wet. / And on summer nights / If the moon is right / Down by the that dark footpath, / You can hear three young men screaming./ You can hear one old man laugh.

  1. Alice Cooper – Welcome to my Nightmare

Welcome to my nightmare / Welcome to my breakdown / I hope I didn't scare you / That's just the way we are when we come down / We sweat and laugh and scream here / 'cuz life is just a dream here / You know inside you feel right at home here

  1. La Union – Lobo Hombre en Paris

Cada noche llaman desde París / en el día en que todo ocurrió / Como un sueño de locos sin fin / La fortuna se ha reído de ti / Sorprendido espiando / el lobo escapa aullando y es mordido por el mago del Siam / La luna llena sobre París / ha transformado en hombre a Denis

  1. Warren Zevon – Warewolves of London

Ya hear him howlin around your kitchen door / ya better not let him in / Little old lady got mutilated late last night / werewolves of London again.

  1. Edgar Winter Group – Frankenstein

  1. The Alan Parsons Project – The Raven

And still the raven remains in my room / No matter how much I implore / No words can soothe him / No prayer remove him / And I must hear for evermore / Quote the raven, nevermore / Thus quote the raven / Nevermore

  1. Squirrel Nut Zippers – Hell

This is a place where eternally / Fire is applied to the body / Teeth are extruded and bones are ground / Then baked into cakes which are passed around.

  1. Johnny Cash – Ghost Riders in the Sky

As the riders loped on by him he heard one call his name / If you want to save your soul from Hell a-riding on our range / Then cowboy change your ways today or with us you will ride / Trying to catch the Devil's herd, across these endless skies

  1. Donovan – Season of the Witch

When I looked over my shoulder / What do you think I see / Summer cat looking over / It shoulder at me / Any strange, sure is strange / You got to pick out every stitch / Beat me its eye to make it rich oh no / Must be the season of the witch

  1. Ray Parker Jr – Ghostbusters

If there's something strange in your neighborhood / Who ya gonna call? / Ghostbusters / If it's something weird an it won't look good / Who ya gonna call? / Ghostbusters / I ain't afraid a no ghost / I ain't afraid a no ghost

  1. DJ Jazzy Jeef & Fresh Prince – Nightmare on my Street

Now I have a story that Id like to tell / About this guy you all know he had me scared as hell / He comes to me at night after I crawl into bed / He’s burnt up like a weenie and his name is Fred / He wears the same hat and sweater every single day / And even if it’s hot outside he wears it anyway / He’s home when I’m awake but he shows up when I sleep / I can’t believe that there’s a nightmare on my street

  1. Theme from the “Addam’s Family”

They're creepy and they're kooky / Mysterious and spooky / They're all together ooky / The Addams Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment