Sunday, March 28, 2010

Top 20 Songs About Goodbyes

Cycles.... Some begin, some end. Nothing last forever and sometimes saying goodbye is the best thing that could ever happen to a person. Here are my top 20 songs about Goodbyes.



1. Green Day - Good Riddance (The Time of Your Life)


So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind / Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time / Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial / For what it's worth it was worth all the while / It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right / I hope you had the time of your life.





2. Night Ranger - Goodbye

Yet it's hard living life / On this memory-go-round / Always up, always down / Spinning 'round and 'round and 'round
And all this could be / Just a dream so it seems / I was never much good at goodbye





3. Terry Jacks - Seasons in the Sun

Goodbye, Michelle, my little one / You gave me love and helped me find the sun / And every time that I was down / you would always come around / and get my feet back on the ground.







4. A Chorus Line - What I Did For Love

Kiss today goodbye / And point me towards tomorrow / We did what we had to do / and I Won't forget, I can't regret /
What I did for Love





5. The Sound of Music - So Long, Farewell

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good nigh / I hate to go and leave this pretty sight / So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu / Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu







6. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

You can go your own way, go your own way / You can call it another lonely day / You can go your own way, go your own way






7. Billy Joel - Scenes From an Italian Restaurant

Brenda and Eddie had had it already by the summer of '75 / From the high to the low to the end of the show / For the rest of their lives / They couldn't go back to the greasers / The best they could do was pick up their pieces / We always knew they would both find a way to get by / Oh and that's all I heard about Brenda and Eddie / Can't tell you more 'cause I've told you already / And here we are wavin' Brenda and Eddie goodbye




8. Boys II Men - It's hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday

How do I say goodbye to what we had? / The good times that made us laugh / Outweigh the bad / I thought we'd get to see forever / But forever's gone away / It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.




9. Pink Floyd - Goodbye Blue Skies

Did you see the frightened ones? / Did you hear the falling bombs? / The flames are all gone, but the pain lingers on. / Goodbye, blue sky / Goodbye, blue sky / Goodbye / Goodbye / Goodbye.





10. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

So goodbye yellow brick road / Where the dogs of society howl / You can't plant me in your penthouse / I'm going back to my plough / Back to the howling old owl in the woods / Hunting the horny back toad / Oh I've finally decided my future lies / Beyond the yellow brick road




11. The Manhattas - Kiss and Say Goodbye

This has got to be the saddest day of my life / I called you here today for a bit of bad news / I won't be able to see you anymore / Because of my obligations, and the ties that you have / We've been meeting here everyday / And since this is our last day together / I wanna hold you just one more time / When you turn and walk away, don't look back / I wanna remember you just like this / Let's just kiss and say goodbye





12. Billy Joel - Say Goodbye to Hollywood

Johnny's takin' care of things for a while / And his style is so right for troubadours / They got him sitting with
his back to the door / Now he won't be my fast gun anymore / Say goodbye to Hollywood / Say goodbye to my baby / Say goodbye to Hollywood / Say goodbye to my baby



13. The Beatles - Hello Goodbye

I say high, you say low / You say why and I say I don't know, oh no / You say goodbye and I say hello / (Hello Goodbye Hello Goodbye) hello hello / (Hello Goodbye) I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello / (Hello Goodbye Hello Goodbye) hello hello / (Hello Goodbye) I don't know why you say goodbye / (Hello Goodbye) I say hello




14. Bryan Hyland - Sealed With a Kiss

I don't wanna say goodbye for the summer / knowing the loneliness / so let us take a pledge to meet in September / and seal it with a kiss




15. Cat Stevens - Wild World

You know I've seen a lot of what the world can do / And it's breakin' my heart in two / Because I never wanna see you sad, girl / Don't be a bad girl / But if you wanna leave, take good care / Hope you make a lot of nice friends out there / But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware





16. Scandal - Goodbye to You


Those times I waited for you seem so long ago / I wanted you far too much to ever let you go / You know I never got by, "I feel it too" / And I guess I never could stand to lose / It's such a pity to say / Goodbye to you / Goodbye to you






17. Supertramp - Goodbye Stranger

Goodbye stranger it's been nice / Hope you find your paradise / Tried to see your point of view / Hope your dreams will all come true / Goodbye Mary, Goodbye Jane / Will we ever meet again / Feel no sorrow, feel no shame / Come tomorrow, feel no pain







18. Bananarama - Hey Hey Hey Goodbye


He might be thrilling baby but my love's / So dog-gone willing so kiss him, Go on and kiss him goodbye Na na na na na na na na Hey hey hey Goodbye








19. Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman - Time to Say Goodbye

Time to say goodbye / Paesi che no ho mai / Veduto e visssuto con te
Adesso si li vivro con te partiro / Su navi per mari / Che io lo so
No no non essitono piu / It's time to say goodbye








20. Celine Dion - It's hard to Say Goodbye

I'll never try to hold you back / I wouldn't try controlling you / If it's what you want / It's what I want / I want what's best for you / And if there's something else that you're looking for / I'll be the first to help you



1 comment: