Sunday, March 21, 2010

Top 20 Songs about Kisses

Love without kiss is like pizza without cheese. A kiss is just a kiss. Or is it? A kiss can say hello, goodbye, give comfort and it is the best way to say thanks and the best reward. Actually, a kiss is the very autograph of love. That is, if you want to know if someone really loves you, it's in the kiss... because when you kiss someone, you taste his or her soul... you turn a frog into a prince... you break the spell... and a kiss is a terrible thing to waste and a more terrible thing to miss... and these are my Top 20 songs about Kisses!


1. Meat Loaf - A Kiss is a Terrible Thing to Waste

So many things in your life that your bound to regret / Why didn't I do that? Why didn't I do this? / So many chances you lost that'll you'll never forget / Why didn't I make it? Why didn't I take it right there? / The loneliest words you'll ever know. / "If only, if only it was so" / The emptiest words that they'll ever be / "It could have been me. It could have been me" / You'll have to pay for it later / If you don't get it when its going for free / Believe me! Believe me! / A kiss is a terrible thing to waste.




2. Prince - Kiss

U don't have 2 be rich 2 be my girl / U don't have 2 be cool 2 rule my world / Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with / I just want UR extra time and UR kiss




3. The Little Mermaid - Kiss the Girl

Now's your moment / Floating in a blue lagoon / Boy, you better do it soon / No time will be better / She don't say a word / And she won't say a word / Until you kiss the girl



4. Seal - Kiss From a Rose

You remain, my power, my pleasure, my pain, baby / To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny.. yeah / Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby? / But did you know, that when it snows / my eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen / Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey.



5. Bryan Hylland - Sealed with a Kiss

I don't wanna say good-bye for the summer / Knowing the love we'll miss / Let us make a pledge to meet in September / And seal it with a kiss




6. Dooley Wilson - As Time Goes By

You must remember this / A kiss is still a kiss / A sigh is just a sigh / The fundamental things apply / As time goes by



7. Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight / Lead me out on the moonlit floor / Lift your open hand / Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance / Silver moon's sparkling, so kiss me



8. Cher - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in his Kiss)

Does he love me, I wanna know / How can I tell if he loves me so? / [Is it in his eyes?] / Oh, no you'll be decieved / [Is it in his sighs?] / Oh, no he'll make believe / If you wanna know / [Shoop, shoop, shoop, shoop]
If he loves you so / [Shoop, shoop, shoop, shoop] / It's in his kiss / [That's where it is, oh yeah]



9. Jill Sobule - I Kissed a Girl

I kissed a girl, her lips were sweet / She was just like kissing me / I kissed a girl, won't change the world / But I'm so glad I kissed a girl



10. Lita Ford - Kiss Me Deadly

But I know what I like / I know I like dancin' with you / And I know what you like / I know you like dancin' with me / Yeah, yeah / Kiss me once / Kiss me twice / C'mon pretty baby, kiss me deadly



11. Pearl Jam - Last Kiss

I raised her head and then she smiled and said,"Hold me, darling, for a little while." / I held her close / I kissed her our last kiss / I found the love that I knew I would miss,



12. Right Said Fred - Don't Talk Just Kiss

The one and only reason is fun fun fun / I said "Well baby we've only just begun"/ So don't talk just kiss / we're beyond words and sound / Don't talk just kiss / let your tongue fool around / let's fool around.



13. Exile - Kiss You all Over

I wanna kiss you all over and over again / I wanna kiss you all over / Till the night closes in / Till the night closes in



14. Hall & Oates - Kiss on my List

(Because your kiss) your kiss is on my list / (Because your kiss) your kiss is on my list / Because your kiss is on my list of the best things in life / (Because your kiss) your kiss is on my list / (Because your kiss) your kiss I can't resist



15. Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl

I kissed a girl and I liked it / The taste of her cherry chapstick / I kissed a girl just to try it / I hope my boyfriend don't mind it / It felt so wrong / It felt so right / Don't mean I'm in love tonight / I kissed a girl and I liked it / I liked it



16. Manhattans - Kiss and Say Goodbye

I had to meet you here today / There's just so many things to say / Please don't stop me 'til I'm through
This is something I hate to do / We've been meeting here so long / I guess what we done, oh was wrong
Please darlin', don't you cry / Let's just kiss and say goodbye (Goodbye)




17. Olivia Newton - Soul Kiss

Somewhere there is a fire burning / Somewhere inside / Somewhere there is a heart that's waiting / To take a ride / To take the ride to your soul kiss




18. Gilbert O'Sullivan - What's in a Kiss?

What's in a kiss? / Have you ever wondered just what it is / More perhaps than just a moment of bliss / Tell me what's in a kiss.




19. Louis Armstrong - A Kiss to Build a Dream On

Give me a kiss to build a dream on / and my imagination will thrive up on that kiss / Sweetheart, I ask no more than this, a kiss to build a dream on.



20. Meat Loaf - You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth

And then you took the words right out of my mouth / Oh-it must have been while you were kissing me / You took the words right out of my mouth / And I swear it's true / I was just about to say I love you


1 comment:

  1. I love that you included Jill Sobule on this list!

    ReplyDelete