Sunday, March 8, 2009

Top 20 Cover Songs

To me, a great cover song is NOT a paint-by-number note-for-note rendition of the original. Instead, an artist should be able to take an original, run with it and turn it into a brand new masterpiece - one which does not even reminisces of the original. These are the top 20 best cover songs of all time according to me (as of today):

1. Cake – I Will Survive



2. Metallica – Turn the Page



3. Alien Ant Farm – Smooth Criminal



4. Isarael Kamakawiwo’ole - Somewhere Over the Rainbow



5. Travis – Hit Me Baby One More Time



6. Rufus Wainwright – Hallelujah



7. Live – I Walk the Line



8. Queensryche – Scarborough Fair



9. Chris Cornell – Billie Jean



10. Scorpions – Dust in the Wind



11. Jacek Koman & Ewan McGregor - El Tango de Roxanne



12. Maroon 5 – Pure Imagination



13. Bono – I Am the Walrus



14. Tom Jones & Cardigans – Burning Down the House



15. Fear Factory - Cars
16. Santa Esmeralda – The House of the Risin’ Sun
17. Queensryche – Heaven on their Minds
18. Bangles – A Hazy Shade of Winter
19. Zwan – The Number of the Beast
20. Billy Connelly – Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite

3 comments:

  1. Bernie this blog is so cool. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, what about this one "Alanis - Crazy" ?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My beautiful Hazel, thanks for loving the blog!! Yep, I missed Crazy and I also missed Johnny Cash's version of NIN's Hurt... those are definitely my 21 and 22.

    ReplyDelete