Saturday, May 16, 2009

Top 20 Sing-Along Songs

Do you remember that Seinfeld episode where a guy would drop everything he was doing whenever "Desperado" came on? These songs have pretty much the same effect on me. I know all these lyrics by heart. These are my top 20 sing-along songs. These are my "Desperados"... funny enough, "Desperado" is not one of my "Desperados" je je je... A big shout out to Liana for suggesting this list. Thanks, you rock!

01. Don McLean – American Pie

Oh, and as I watched him on the stage / My hands were clenched in fists of rage.
No angel born in hell / Could break that Satan’s spell / And as the flames climbed high into the night / To light the sacrificial rite, / I saw Satan laughing with delight / The day the music died

02. Procul Harum – Whiter Shade of Pale

And so it was that later / as the Miller told his tale / that her face, at first just ghostly / turned a whiter shade of pale

03. Dire Straits – The Sultans of Swing

A get a shiver in the dark / it’s raining in the park / but meantime / south of the river you stop and you hold everything / a band is blowin’ Dixie / double four time / and you feel alright when you hear that music ring

04. Pink Floyd – When the Tigers Broke Free

It was just before dawn / one miserable morning in black ’44 / when the forward commander was told to sit tight / when he asked that his men be withdrawn / and the generals gave thanks / as the other ranks held back the enemy tanks for a while / the Anzio bridgehead was held for the price / of a few hundred ordinary lives…

05. Alice Cooper – You and Me

If I could take you to Heaven / that would make my day complete / but you and me / we ain’t superstars / what we are is what we are / a taste beyond that / well, that’s enough for me

06. Justin Hayward – Forever Autumn

Through autumn’s golden gown we used to kick our way / you always loved this time of year / those fallen leaves lie undisturbed now / because you’re not here…

07. Rush – Red Barchetta

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car / a brilliant red Barchetta from a better vanished time / we fire up the willing engine / responding with a roar / tires spitting gravel / I commit my weekly crime

08. Iron Maiden – The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

One after one / by the star dogged moon / Too quick for groan or sigh / Each turned his face with a ghastly pang / And cursed me with his eye / Four times fifty living men / (and I heard nor sigh nor groan) / With heavy thump, a lifeless lump / They dropped down one by one.


09. Mecano – Aire


Y como yo soy muy consciente / hasta en esta situación / decidí ser consecuente con mi nueva dimensión / y probé a ser respirado por la que duerme a mi lado / sin entrar en por menores / yo se hacer cosas mejores

10. Meat Loaf – Read’em and Weep

If I could only find the words then I would write it all down / If I could only find a voice I would speak. / Oh, it's there in my eyes / oh, can't you see me tonight? / Come on and look at me and read 'em and weep!

11. Planet P – Why Me?

Sitting up here / watching all the lights blink down below / the earth is turning / why does it go so slow? / I’m thinking about the girl I left behind / Houston, can you hear me? / or have I lost my mind? / Why me?

12. Billy Joel – Scenes from an Italian Restaurant

A bottle of white, a bottle of red / Perhaps a bottle of rosé instead / We'll get a table near the street / In our old familiar place / You and I - face to face hmmm / A bottle of red, a bottle of white / It all depends upon your appetite / I'll meet you any time you want in our Italian Restaurant.

13. Mago de Oz – Fiesta Pagana

Si no hay pan para los tuyos / y ves muy gordo al abad / Si su virgen viste de oro / desnúdala. / Como van a silenciar al jilguero y al canario / si no hay cárcel ni tumba para el canto libertario…

14. Jethro Tull – The Whistler

Deep red are the sunsets in mystical place / Black are the nights on summer-day sands / We’ll find a speck of truth in each riddle /Hold the first grain of love in our hands.

15. Les Miserables – Do you Hear the People Sing?

Do you hear the people sing? / Singing the songs of angry man? / It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again / When the beating of your heart / echoes the beating of the drums / there is a life about to start / when tomorrow comes

16. John Denver – Rocky Mountain High

He was born in the summer of his 27th year, / Coming home to a place he’d never been before
He left yesterday behind him / you might say he was born again / you might say he found a key to every door


17. The Police – Synchronicity II

Daddy grips the wheel and stares alone into the distance / He knows that something somewhere has to break / He sees the family home now looming in the headlights / The pain upstairs that makes his eyeballs ache / Many miles away / There's a shadow on the door / Of a cottage on the shore of f a dark Scottish lake / Many miles away…


18. Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof / You saw her bathing on the roof / Her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you / She tied you to a kitchen chair / she broke your throne / she cut your hair / and from your lips she drew an Hallelujah



19. Bob Seger – Turn the Page

Here I am / on the road again / there I am / up on the stage / Here I go / playing star again./
There I go / turn the page.

20. Murray Head – One Night in Bangkok

Get Thai’d! / you’re talking to a tourist who’s every move is amongst the purest / I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine /


8 comments:

  1. Loved the Floyd, but when I saw Rufus, I knew you just got lucky. I suggest you see a musical therapist when, in however many years, you finally come to terms with the fact that you are either tone deaf, or just a fortunate idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh the fact that I'm a fortunate idiot who's tone deaf is no news to me... je je je... Thanks for your comment, though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent music thank you very much I love all of the themes.
    I'll be intouch here if you gonna make a new list.
    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post I like your site very well and I continue visit on this site for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super blog and nice to read. I really liked your blog and would like to know more about the topic. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now a day used of mobile is Increases so there is also a affected of brain cancer for child so this is a way to decrease the Child Brain Activity health

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now a days we have a very uses of Change Android Id without root is a best method of android mobiles.

    ReplyDelete