Saturday, May 9, 2009

Top 20 Songs about Angels

This week, a salute to all you angels out there: heavenly angels, earthly angels, fallen angels, angels & demons, lost angels, sexy angels, lusty angels, helping angels, wingless angels, pure and innocent angels, etc. This is for you, these are your songs, this is your music.



1. Robbie Williams – Angels

And through it all she offers me protection / a lot of love and affection / whether I’m right or wrong / and down the waterfall wherever it may take me / I know that life wont break me / when I come to call she wont forsake me / I’m loving angels instead



2. Juice Newton – Angel of the Morning

Just call me angel of the morning, angel / Just touch my cheek before you leave me /
Baby / Just call me angel of the morning, angel / Then slowly turn away from me



3. Aerosmith – Angel


You're my angel / Come and save me tonight / You're my angel / Come and make it all right


4. Nightwish – I Wish I Had an Angel

I wish I had an angel for one moment of love / I wish I had your angel / Your Virgin Mary undone
I’m in love with my lust / Burning angel wings to dust / I wish I had your angel tonight

5. Willie Nelson – Angels Flying To Close to the Ground


If you had not have fallen / Then I would not have found you / Angel flying too close to the ground / And I patched up your broken wing / And hung around a while / Tried to keep your spirits up / And your fever down


6. U2 – If God Will Send His Angels


If God will send his angels / And if God will send a sign / And if God will send his angels would everything be alright?



7. Goo Goo Dolls – Iris


And I'd give up forever to touch you / Cause I know that you feel me somehow / You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be / And I don't want to go home right now


8. Vince Gill & Trisha Yearwood – Another Angel Gets Its Wings


For each and every bell that rings / Another angel gets his wings / So show you care and share your light / And help an angel fly tonight



9. The Penguins - Earth Angel


Earth angel, Earth angel Will you be mine? / My darling dear / Love you all the time / I’m just a fool, / A fool in love, with you


10. Fire Inc. – Tonight It’s What it Means to be Young


But I don't see any angels in the city / I don't hear any holy choirs sing
And if I can't get an angel I can still get a boy / And a boy would be the next best thing
The next best thing to an angel / A boy would be the next best thing


11. Scorpions – Send me an Angel

The wise man said just find your place in the eye of the storm / Seek the roses along the way/
Just beware of the thorns / Here I am / Will you send me an angel? / Here I am / in the land of the morning star


12. Orquesta Mondragon – Angel Pecador


Ángel, tan peligrosa, tan infantil. / Ángel, le gusta verme sufrir. / Ángel, nunca me dices que sí, ni que no. / Ángel, juega con mi excitación./ ¡Dame tus labios de caramelo! / ¡Vamos juntos al séptimo cielo! / Yo soy tu Ángel…Ángel pecador.


13. Melissa Etheridge – Angels Would Fall


Angels never came down / There’s no one here they want to hang around /
But if they knew / If they knew you at all / Then one by one the angels / Angels would fall

14. Celine Dion – I’m Your Angel


I'll be your cloud up in the sky / I'll be your shoulder when you cry / I'll hear your voices when you call / I am your angel / And when all hope is gone, I'm here / No matter how far you are, I'm near / It makes no difference who you are / I am your angel / I'm your angel..

15. Rammstein – Engels


Angels live, they never die / Apart from us, behind the sky / They're fading souls who' ve turned to ice / So ashen white in paradise

16. Shaggy – Angel


Girl, you're my angel, you're my darling angel / Closer than my peeps you are to me, baby / Shorty, you're my angel, you're my darling angel / Girl, you're my friend when I'm in need, lady


17. Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons - Fallen Angel


Fallen angel, I'll forgive you anything / You can't help the things you do

18. Alejandra Guzmán – Cuidado con el Corazón


Ten cuidado con el Corazón / aquí abajo en este mundo material / te defiendes o te van a destrozar por nada / Ten cuidado con el corazón / con las alas y con todo lo demás / un descuido y te pueden desplumar / ¡Alerta!

19. Black Crows – She Talks to Angels


Says she talks to angels / they call her out by her name / She talks to angels / Says they call her out by her name

20. Angel – Sarah McLachlan

In the arms of an angel / Fly away from here / From this dark cold hotel room / And the endlessness that you fear / You are pulled from the wreckage / Of your silent reverie / You're in the arms of the angel / May you find some comfort there

No comments:

Post a Comment