Saturday, August 1, 2009

Top 20 Songs about Superman


Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Superman! Yes, it's Superman, strange visitor from another planet, who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Superman, who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in his bare hands, and who, disguised as Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way.

01. Five for Fighting – Superman (It’s Not Easy)

I’m more than a bird / I’m more than a plane / More than some pretty face beside a train / It’s not easy to be me / I’m only a man in a silly red sheet / Digging for Kryptonite on this one way street / Only a man in a funny red sheet / Looking for special things inside of me

02. Three Doors Down – Kryptonite

You called me strong, you called me weak / But your secrets I will keep / You took for granted all the times / I never let you down / You stumbled in and bumped your head / if not for me then you would be dead / I picked you up and put you back / on solid ground / If I go crazy then / Will you still call me Superman? / If I'm alive and well / Will you be there holding my hand? / I'll keep you by my side / with my Superhuman might / Kryptonite

03. Spin Doctors – Jimmy Olsen’s Blues

I think I'm going out of my brain / I got it so bad for little miss Lois Lane / Oh Lois Lane, please put me in your plan / No, you don't need no Superman / Come on down town and stay with me tonight / I, I got a pocket full of Kryptonite.

04. Crash Test Dummies - Superman’s Song

Tarzan wasn't a ladies' man / He'd just come along and scoop 'em up under his arm / Like that, quick as a cat in the jungle / But Clark Kent now there was a real gent / He would not be caught sittin' around in no / Junglescape, dumb as an ape doing nothing / Supermen never made any money / For saving the world from Solomon Grundy / And sometimes I despair the world will never see / Another man like him

05. Sugarhill Gang – The Rapper’s Delight

This young reporter I did adore / so I rocked a vicious rhyme like I never did before / She said damn fly guy I’m in love with you / the Casanova legend must have been true / I said by the way baby what's your name / said I go by the name of Lois Lane / and you could be my boyfriend you surely can / just let me quit my boyfriend called Superman / I said he's a fairy I do suppose / Flying through the air in pantyhose / He may be very sexy or even cute / but he looks like a sucker in a blue and red suit

06. Genesis – Land of Confusion

Ooh Superman, where are you now? / When everything has gone wrong somehow / The men of steel, the men of power / are losing control by the hour.

07. Eminem – Superman

Hey call me Superman / leap tall hoes in a single bound / I'm single now, got no ring on this finger now / I'd never let another chick bring me down, in a relationship / Save it bitch, babysit, you make me sick / Superman ain't savin' shit, girl you can jump on Shady's dick / Straight from the hip, cut to the chase, I tell a muthafuckin' slut, to her face / Play no games, say no names, ever since I broke up with what's her face / I'm a different man, kiss my ass, kiss my lips, bitch why ask /

08. Flaming Lips – Waiting for Superman

Tell everyone waiting for Superman / That they should hold on as best they can / He hasn't dropped them, forgot them, or anything / It's just too heavy for Superman to lift

09. REM – I am Superman

I am, I am, I am Superman / And I know what's happening / I am, I am, I am Superman / And I can do anything / I am, I am, I am Superman / And I know what's happening / I am, I am, I am superman / And I can do anything

10. The Kinks – Wish I Could Fly (Like Superman)


Woke up this morning, what did I see? / A big black cloud hanging over me / I switched on the radio and nearly dropped dead / The news was so bad that I fell out of bed / There was a gas strike, oil strike, lorry strike, bread strike / Got to be a Superman to survive / Gas bills, rent bills, tax bills, phone bills / I'm such a wreck but I'm staying alive / Superman, Superman, wish I could fly like Superman / Superman, Superman, I want to be like Superman

11. Donovan – Sunshine Superman

Superman or Green Lantern ain't got a-nothin' on me / I can make like a turtle and dive for your pearls in the sea, yeah!

12. Bush – Superman

Oh Superman / Where have you gone? / With a little more time and a six leaf clover /
Just a little more head to make you bolder / Just a little more sound

13. Barbra Streisand – Superman

Baby I can fly like a bird / When you touch me with your eyes / Flying through the sky / I've never felt the same / But I am not a bird / And I am not a plane / I'm superman

14. Jim Croce – You Don’t Mess Around with Jim

You don’t tug on Superman’s Cape / You don’t spit into the wind / You don’t pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger / And you don’t mess around with Jim

15. Celi Bee – Superman

Superman, you make me feel I'm the Queen of the world
Superman, you make me feel so special when You move me up and down and round

16. Good Charlotte – Superman Can’t Walk

You call yourself a Lois Lane, and you're in pain, and I'm insane / You don't want my help, you don't need my help / I watch you fall down from the sky, I'll just sigh / Who is gonna save you? / Yeah I've heard the talk / Superman can't walk

17. Miguel Bose – Super Superman

Super Superman / Don’t you understand we love you? / Super Superman / Don’t you know you are my hero? / Knock’em dead! / Superman! / Knock’em dead! / I’ll tell you how to hit the beat
Superman! / Super superman / Can’t you see I am your first fan? / Teach me how to fight / Tell you how to dance zit all right

18. Laszlo Bane – I’m No Superman

Well I know what I've been told / Gotta break free to break the mold / But I can't do this all on my own / No I can't do this all on my own / I know that I'm no Superman / I'm no Superman / I'm no Superman

19. Genesis – The Carpet Crawlers

Mild mannered Supermen are held in Kryptonite / And the wise and foolish virgins giggle with their bodies glowing Bright / Through a door a harvest feast is lit by candlelight / Its the bottom of a staircase that spirals out of sight.

20. Dave Matthews Band – Where are you Going?

I am no Superman / I have no reasons for you / I am no hero / Oh, that's for sure
But I do know one thing / Is where you are is where I belong / I do know where you go / Is where I want to be





Other Featured Posts:

Top 20 Songs about Unrequited Love

Top 20 Songs about Missing Someone

Top 20 Songs about Infidelity

Top 2o ESL Teaching Songs

Top 20 Funniest Songs



No comments:

Post a Comment